Thursday, April 9, 2009

Slow Cooked Pork Chops - Gluten Free

Here is a recipe I pulled together on Tuesday. It was Randy's birthday and he wanted meat that tasted good. I had these delicious thick pork chops, so i thought... id make a sauce.

So... here is what i did.

Slow Cooked Pork Chops
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (colgin's is gluten free)
1 can tomato sauce
3 Tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (lea and perrins is gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar

Take about 2 table spoons of Oil and heat in a skillet. Then add pork chops and lightly salt and pepper. I sprinkled about 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke on each one. Lightly cook on all sides. No need to cook all the way through.

Place in a crock pot, hopefully in one layer , and then mix the sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Then poor over the top of the chops. Slow cook on low for approximately 4 1/2 hours. BE very careful of over cooking pork chops though, they can dry out.

(sorry no pictures! Hubby ate way to fast!)

Also! Watch out! Im learning to cook gluten free, and I experiment like crazy, and now there is a blog that has inspired me with a challenge called "Friday Foody Fix" Im going to be creating new things and doing my best to be gluten free!

Would love for anyone who makes this to please share your opinions!!

1 comments:

thewholegang April 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Wow, these sound really good. I love using my crockpot. It saves time and money and I like to have more of both!

About this blog...

The contents of this blog are the random thoughts, experiences, and creativity of a nutty person.

Labels

Site Meter

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP