Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Word of my year - BE

Ever since reading Mandy's Blog post about Imperfect (here) I have tossed and tossed word after word though my head. What a great idea. Rather than say "lose weight" or "stop yelling"... to just pick one word and focus on it for the year. Finally, today, 13 days into January I found my word: BE

Just BE

Slow down and BE

Less do, more BE

Why BE? It started because I am over extending myself. I do this, and that, bible studies, mops, discipleship class, girl scouts, pta (pto), babysitting, more and more and more. My life is so much about doing, but i need to just BE. I need to slow down and feel things around me, experience things. I need to stop doing a hundred church related things in a desperate search to experience GOD. How am i supposed to know him, when i am so busy? I need to just BE.

I don't know how im going to do this. Some epiphanies will find their way into my brain. But that is my goal this year. BE.

Be happy
Be with God
Be a mom
Be a wife
Be silly...












Products used from scrapgirls.com: Life's Canvas Collection Biggie; Assemble Your Own Zoom Pages - 4x6: Life's Canvas; Dress Up Word Art Mini; Pin It Up Word Art Mini; ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Sketch It PS 8501

3 comments:

Sarah Batdorf January 27, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

OoooAngela! I think this is the first time I've stepped into your blog and it is sooooo adoarabllleeeee. I LOVE it! I'll come back and visit soon. How can I stay away form this cuteness.

Mandy January 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

what a great word!

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Angela your blog is great. I am thinking of starting one. I love your word BE. So very true. We get caught up in the hussle & bussle & forget to just stop & BE! Great idea. Goodluck, it's definately not an easy thing to do.

Love your blog. Great job! XOXO Tink

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP