Monday, January 5, 2009

What is Love?

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it
Titus 2:4 - that they may train the young women to love their husbands, to love their children

I have just learned what LOVE really is. Its not an emotion of passion, yearning, and joy. Its instead an ACT. If God commands husbands to love their wives, and he instructs women to learn to love their husbands, then it cannot be an emotion.

I get the weekly newsletter from Dr Gary Chapman, and he went over this. And its TRUE. I have spent the last week coming to my husband in a new way. I know his love language is acts of service, so he has come home to a clean house, home cooked meals, even his work clothes washed (ugh). The joy it brought him for me to do those simple things for him is indescribable.

I honestly will admit that I was worried about us. We have gone through so much since November, and I was so scared he was starting to hate me (My issues with the fact he was divorced, deep down Im afraid he will do the same with me, gotta get past it!). Instead, with my small selflish acts, he is now responding to me in a new way. I can almost cry right now thinking of it. I feel more LOVE from him now then ever before.

Wives - Learn to love your Husbands!!!!!

















Get Dr Chapmans newsletters here: http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/

1 comments:

Christina January 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

I never really thought of it that way, thanks Angela!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP