Family Values is defined as: values especially of a traditional or conservative kind which are held to promote the sound functioning of the family and to strengthen the fabric of society.
Goodness, thats what i am doing? yes! yup, thats what i am doing for my girls! :)
Values that we try to instill during christmastime:
- Compassion and Empathy for others. Whether others surcumstaances are bad or good, that everyone is disserving of our love.
- Spiritualality. That we choose to love God and the baby that was born for us.
- Respect. We show everyone respect, including each other. We also show respect for others holiday beliefs.
- Fun and Joy. To take joy in all the things we do, all the things we see, and the things shared with us.
- Gratitude. That while we do not experiance a Santa visit full of toys, we are truely grateful for all that we have, and that we recieve.
Last year i created a fun set of advent cards .... counting down the 12 days of christmas. It was a huge success and the kids loved them.
Each card is different and varies. One card has a scripture, the next an activity, then back again to scripture. Slowly it tells the story of Jesus birth, with a fun activity to go along.
Products used from ScrapGirls.com. Click on the picture for more details and products used.