Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go clean your room.

I learned something yesterday, and have been amazed at how it works! Instead of saying to my girls "Go clean your room," I tell them, go pick up your books. Or go pick up your toys. The first time i told them, has been the only time! The theory comes from when your husband comes home and wants you to clean the living room. Well, I feel like its clean, the way i want it. But its not to his expectations, I feel upset because i dont know what he wants from me. Well, little ones can feel that same way. So I tell my girls my expectations "Please pick up the toys from the floor" and they know what I want! (as with most parenting skills i pick up, i hope this works for awhile... )

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP